|Home - Student Life - Student Union
The student’s Union is the representative of student’s government of the college. Objective of the union is to serve as a n effective means of training for responsible leadership and participation all activities that are for the welfare of the college.
The general function of the union is to foster good relationships amongst students and manage sporting social and culture interests and activities of its members.
- The governing body of the union is the student’s representative assembly (SRA) and its executive officer is the president.
- Each hall/school is proportionally represented on the students representative assembly (SRA) and the union elects the following executive members annually: president, vice president, secretary-general, assistant secretary, director of socials, treasure, financial secretary, public relations officer, welfare officer and a sports secretary.
- The constitution of the union provides for the office of a senior treasure who is normally the student’s officer, with supervisory powers over the management of the union finances.
- The day-to-day administration of the Union is entrusted to its officers and the student’s representatives assembly may appoint such committee. The Provost has overriding power over the Student’s Union constitution. No meeting of the congress should be held without the Provost’s knowledge.
- Membership of the Student’s Union is optional. To contest for any elective post in the Student’s Union, a candidate must be above average in his academic rating.
- Interested students willing to participate in students union activities must first get clearance and register with the college authority.
- Any student elected as student union official should relinquish his/her elective post in any club or society he/she belongs to. The student can however, keep his/her membership of the club or society.