Sexual harassment is a gross misconduct. Which the College Management forbids. As a result, the College Management has put in place a committee known as Moral Conduct Committee (a.k.a Sexual Harassment Committee). A student is expected to report any case of sexual harassment to this committee. The office of the Chairperson to the committee is presently located at the Gado-Nasko Auditorium.
Sexual harassment involves verbal pressure or gestures for sexual activities or physical assaults including unwelcome or inappropriate promise of rewards in exchange for sexual favors like higher underserved grades in course. It is a violation of a student right as no one has the right to touch a student at any part of his/her body without his/her consent. Fresh female students are more at risk of being harassed than their male counterparts.
Every student should avoid being a victim of sexual harassment through the following ways;
- Dressing modestly and decently(see Section 4.25 on Dress Code)
- Avoiding the use of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Avoiding being found in lecture’s offices alone and at odd hours
- Being punctual to lectures.
- Submitting assignments as at when due
- Attending sexual harassment sensitization programs
- Learning some personal skills such as assertiveness, finding help, etc.
At any attempt sexually harassed by anybody, please contact our hotline through phone call or text message to 08162222442.