The College Clinic serves as a health care provider to members of the College Community. This department is directly under the office of the Provost via the Registrar. The head of the clinic has other supporting medical and non-medical staff under him. The clinic has a medical doctor, nurses and/or midwives.
STUDENTS REGISTRATION WITH THE CLINIC
Each student must register with the College clinic before he or she is entitled to medical attention at the Clinic. Each student should present his/her identity card to the record officer on his/her first visit to the Clinic for identification as one of the bonafide students of the College.
The College Clinic is situated between the Staff Quarters and the Provosts house. Health facilities are fully operational in the Clinic, which offers a wide range of services to all staff and students such as outpatient care, prescription of drugs, antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, minor surgeries, diagnostics tests, health education and counseling. The staff the clinic also attends to emergency cases. Drugs are available for the College community at no cost.
RULES AND REGULATIONS GUIDING THE STUDENTS AND PATIENTS IN THE COLLEGE CLINIC
- At the beginning of each session, an orientation programs for fresh students is arranged, which includes lectures introducing students on how to use the College Clinic.
- All fresh students must be registered with the College Clinic during their registration exercise.
- All students are free to attend the Clinic after they might have registered.
- Each students has to present his/her identity card to the record officer on his/her first visit to the clinic so that his/her name would be registered and subsequently given a card showing his/her admission number on the clinic card.
- Antenatal services are offered on Wednesday.
- The Clinic operates for 24 hour a day.
- Each new student is expected to undergo a proper medical examination in a recognized government medical institution before reporting to the campus. The medical certificate thereof must be deposited at the Clinic.